Wed, Aug 02|
Amplifying Native Voices in the Classroom: Native Perspectives, Everyday Lessons
Calling elementary and middle school educators! In this engaging session, discover effective ways to integrate Native perspectives into your lessons at the beginning of the school year.
Time & Location
Aug 02, 2023, 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM PDT
About the event
In this engaging session for elementary and middle school teachers, discover effective ways to integrate Native perspectives into your lessons at the beginning of the school year.
How you will grow:
- Increased Cultural Competence: Teachers will cultivate a more profound comprehension of Indigenous perspectives, broadening their knowledge base and fostering a deeper appreciation and awareness of the wealth of Native funds of knowledge.
- Inclusive Pedagogical Approaches: Teachers will learn effective strategies for incorporating Indigenous knowledge and narratives into various subject areas, making the curriculum more relevant and engaging for all students.
- Community Connection: Teachers will acquire the skills to nurture the incorporation of essential Indigenous values, including respect, reciprocity, and relationships, within their students.
- Curriculum Enhancement: Teachers will explore resources, materials, and pedagogical applications that authentically represent and highlight Native cultures, helping to create a more comprehensive and accurate educational experience.
- Reflective Practice: The workshop provides teachers with the opportunity to engage in self-reflection and critical inquiry, examining their biases and assumptions, while also exploring ways to continually enhance their pedagogy to foster inclusivity and respect for Indigenous perspectives.
How it works:
- Interactive sessions and Q&A opportunities
- Engage directly with our free online curriculum
- Seek guidance on implementing the learned strategies in your own teaching practice
Who We Are:
Redbud Resource Group’s advisors represent diverse Tribal communities. Throughout the workshop, we integrate expert knowledge from the fields of education and public health, as well as our personal insight as Native people.
Trelasa Baratta, Tribal Member at Middletown Rancheria, Education Specialist at Redbud Resource Group
Taylor Pennewell, Tribal member at Berry Creek Rancheria, Executive Director at Redbud Resource Group
Don't miss this opportunity to enhance your teaching practice and empower your students with a more comprehensive understanding of the places they live and learn.
Register now to secure your spot!
For inquiries, contact Trelasa Baratta, Education Specialist:
- Ticket type
+$1.13 service fee+$1.13 service fee